Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wow...Persistent

Seriously, pavement ants are persistent little bastards. I managed to kill off the colony that was trying to infiltrate the basement but they started moving in again along tbe crack between the driveway and the foundation wall.

More poison. Take that!

Then today I opened the garage to pull out the barbecue. Big Paul was over, so I decided to 'cue up a pork tenderloin with a homemade sauce (recipe to follow).

There, in the cracks of the concrete slab were those damned ants again! This was a new colony, as I had never seen them in there before.

Normally I would just let them be. But my research (I'm a serial researcher when it comes to these things) tells me that ants of this type can develop massive colony networked with multiple queens. Better, I think, to not let them get into that habit!

More poison!

Here's what went into my bbq sauce:

  • Sugar (3 spoons)
  • Olive oil
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • Worcestershire sauce
  • Dill
  • Garlic powder
  • Onion powder
  • Pepper
  • Salt
  • Ketchup
  • Hoisin sauce


Sorry, no measurements. I just tasted as I went along and adjusted accordingly. Whip it up with a fork, brush it on your meat, and you're good to go.

0 comments: