Well, it's been an extremely productive week for the reno guys working on the Man Cave (capitals intended...muahahahaha!). I'm surprised actually at how quickly it's come together, considering other projects I've seen that just sort of drag on and on (and on and on and on...).
It's gone something like this:
Monday: Demo. Pull everything apart. Start framing (needed 2 new stud walls installed on the exterior block to accommodate proper insulation).
Tuesday: Finish framing.
Wednesday: Frame the stairway wall with 2x2 studs and insulate with styrofoam).
Thursday: Electrical. Discard old wires (apparently quite a few that weren't attached to anything), rough in boxes.
Friday: Electrical. Finish installation of pot lights, switches, outlets. Fix the goofy mistake (I wanted to wire the home theatre behind the wall and put a switch in the rec room...they faced the outlet into the rec room and put the switch on the back side of the wall. Huh?). Install insulation and vapor barrier.
Yeah! So we have lights and the work is almost done. What's left?
Well, the drywall for one thing. They're also going to cut in a sump pump, although I personally think that's a complete waste of time and money. This was the first flood in this basement in 50 years. The insurance company insists though, so we're stuck with it.
Kinda stupid if you ask me.
Flooring goes in last, of course, and I'm just getting started in picking the finished floor. Here's a tip: Don't fall for good prices on laminate without first finding out what the cost per square foot of installation is. Got it? That can easily double or triple the price of your floor.
So, for the weekend it's moving boxes again...this time away from the partition wall so I can get stuff set up for the TV installation!
(Yes guys, pictures are coming soon!)
Cable efficianados will recognize Lana Tailor as one of the principal talents behind the success of Cinemax's wildly erotic series &qu...
This issue's Man We Admire is Atlanta style and image guru Aaron Marino. I first came across Aaron's videos on YouTube a few years...
When it comes to pure ambition, Sabina Kay is no stranger to working to get it done. Her attitude towards her work (think along the lines of...
"Women We Love" is a new feature where we explore the strong personalities and personal power behind the beautiful women we see. O...
- ► 2013 (39)
- ► 2012 (77)
- Fitness: More on the Four Basic Movements
- Men We Admire: James Hergott
- Dating & Attraction: Why what you think you know c...
- Men We Admire: Damien Gilbert
- Hygiene for Gym Rats
- Square Foot Garden Update
- Reno Update
- Men We Admire: Mackenzie Kristjón
- How Pickles, Chocolate and My Kid Save Me From Mys...
- You Might Need Some Manscaping
- Adopting Anger Management Skills that Work
- Movie Review: Transylmania (2009)
- Political Humor: America To Sue Rest Of World For ...
- Why Lean Beef?
- Adding Mass Action to TACFIT
- The Latest on Aspirin and Heart Disease
- Holy Shit! Ninja bugs?! (that's rad!)
- Summer Project #3: Reno Update
- Content Readers for Android
- Argh! Ants in the basement!
- Because you asked...
- Vince Dishes on Killer Abs
- The Basement Reno Starts
- Free Ways to Increase Your Gas Mileage
- First Garden Salad of the Season
- Living Fierce...on a budget
- Book Review: The 48 Laws of Power
- 100 Ways To Be A Better Time Manager
- Stuff That Bugs Me (In Movies)
- Watch Your Portions
- Getting Things Done: Accountability 101
- Square Foot Garden Update
- What are Workout Programs For?
- Badass On a Budget
- Review: 7 Minute Diet
- Housecleaning Tips: How To Fold A T-Shirt In 2 Sec...
- House Cleaning Tips: Operation Clearout
- How about a Prograde "fitness profile?"
- The Dangers of Fluoride
- My Best Breakfast (shake)
- Is there a Prograde "perfect health profile?"
- ▼ June (42)