Thursday, January 10, 2013

Training Protocol: January 2013

I posted on Facebook and on the Transformation Contest today that I'm very quickly progressing toward my next signpost goal of 180 lbs. with a 36 inch waist. Actually, at the rate I'm seeing the changes (posted today at 193 and 37), I'm thinking 36 might be too conservative. But I'll see what happens.

There's been a flurry of activity around what exactly those numbers entail, and how I'm doing them. So, here goes:

Basically, my goals are fitness and training oriented rather than merely weight loss oriented. That means a lot of focus on developing muscle and burning fat, while retaining high mobility. To do this, I'm actually working two routines: TACFIT Commando in the morning, and Prograde's T30 workout after work.

What's interesting about this is that I've been doing morning workouts for the past couple of months, and they go quite nicely. But that second workout is a killer. I firmly believe it's because the morning workout comes when I'm newly rested and recharged, while the second one comes at the point in the day when I should be getting ready to wind down.

Perfect! That means I have something to overcome!

So here's how this is going to progress. Because T30 is recommended as a four-week program, it actually works out quite nicely for alternating weeks. The schedule looks something like this:

WEEK 1:
a.m.: TACFIT
p.m.: T30 
WEEK 2:
a.m.: T30
p.m.: TACFIT 
WEEK 3:
a.m.: TACFIT
p.m.: T30 
WEEK 4:
a.m.: T30
p.m.: TACFIT
That will take me through January. After that I can take a break from the T30 modality. TACFIT's progression for the first sequence is actually 84 days (12 weeks, or 3 months), so I'll keep slogging it out with that for half my workouts while I search for another routine to beast up with. There's certainly no shortage of muscle building routines available (and I have piles of them myself), so with a definite fitness goal I should be looking at a pretty killer year for 2013.

0 comments:

Post a Comment