Thursday, July 12, 2012

Men We Admire: Alberto Tihan

Mg_1675

Not long ago I had the pleasure of reviewing the film Searching for Angels. Apart from being an all-around excellent production (and, of course, starring the always too-awesome-to-be-mortal Veronika London), this film introduced me to some impressive new talent.

Among that new talent was Alberto Tihan, a Toronto-based actor who was totally new to me, but whose performance as the almost-lovable dirtbag pimp Kemo featured well as one of the strongest elements of the production. While it’s nice to get in touch with veterans for their take on success and experience, we at TMS thought it would be great to tap into what drives and motivates a younger talent on his way up the ladder. And, ju

dging from his performance and his responses, that ascent for Alberto will be very quick.

Name: Alberto Tihan

Age: 23

Occupation: Actor

Relationship status: Single

Gadgets: Too many. I hold most of the Apple iProducts. I find them very practical and efficient.

Stats: 5’9’’ weighing 163 lbs, looking to reach 170 in lean muscles by mid summer.

Sports: I enjoy anything that has to do with speed and heights. I need the adrenaline to get me going. I love snowboarding to death, I hope to be professional snowboarder one day. I also like skydiving, rock-climbing, mountain-bike, swimming, tennis.

How did you get started on your current career/lifestyle path?

When I was around 16, I had a terrible audition for Sin City. It was really embarrassing actually. Obviously 

I lost the role to Josh Hartnett, but that bad audition motivated me to learn more, so I took some acting classes at ASM Studios in Montreal, and I got the acting bug shortly after.

Did you have any mentors who helped steer you on this path?

The most supportive person at that young age was my mom, who was across the ocean, in Germany. My father didn’t believe in this acting thing. But in time, friends and family became very supportive, when they noticed how serious I was about it.

[read more...]

0 comments:

Post a Comment