Is mid-March too early to think about weed control?
Absolutely not. In fact, March is exactly when you should be focusing on giving your lawn a bit of an edge in dealing with those pesky dandelions and other invaders.
If dandelions are your main issue throughout the summer, take heart. The things you need to get an edge are generally good advice for most weeds, including clover, plantain, and crab grass.
Unfortunately, crab grass requires a much more aggressive strategy, but we'll come to that later in the season, once you've identified those patches.
For most weeds, you need to do two things: keep your grass competitive, and be prepared to dig. Digging means getting out there and buying a weed puller. These tools are simple to use, but extremely effective. A spade or trowel will work too, but you may find these just take too much work if you have a big lawn. A weeding tool is the perfect solution for dealing with broad-leaved weeds like dandelions and thistles. You might not be experiencing weeds just yet, but the pre-season sales at your home and garden centre make this the perfect time to get out and buy one.
By contrast, clover, like crab grass, may need a more aggressive plan involving digging out whole patches of lawn. But don't despair just yet. Clover can actually help you identify another serious issue in your lawn: low nitrogen...[read more]
Cable efficianados will recognize Lana Tailor as one of the principal talents behind the success of Cinemax's wildly erotic series &qu...
This issue's Man We Admire is Atlanta style and image guru Aaron Marino. I first came across Aaron's videos on YouTube a few years...
When it comes to pure ambition, Sabina Kay is no stranger to working to get it done. Her attitude towards her work (think along the lines of...
"Women We Love" is a new feature where we explore the strong personalities and personal power behind the beautiful women we see. O...
- ► 2013 (39)
- Are People Just Clusters of Germs?
- Prepping Your Mower For Spring
- Women We Love: Basia Lyjak
- Mid-Morning Energy Booster
- How to Date a Model
- March 26 Issue Online
- Time To Suit Up Gentlemen
- Men We Admire: Aaron Marino
- March/April Home Maintenance Schedule
- The Great Fever Saga (Spring 2012 edition)
- The Shape Up for Spring Pre-Cycle
- Time to Think About Weed Control
- What Really Causes Heart Disease?
- "I Hate Balls" is supposed to be funny. I get it.
- Tips for Binge Drinkers
- The Basic Diet Shift
- How sad is this?
- Women We Love: Rachelle Wilde
- Men vs. Women vs. Interviews
- Aspartame Rebranded as AminoSweet for Better PR
- Really, spammers? Really?
- Shape Up For Summer Contest 2012
- Early Season Home Maintenance Schedule
- New Issue Online!
- Basia Lyjak CD Giveaway!
- ▼ March (25)