Monday, April 15, 2013

Progress in the workout...but...

This morning I gunned through the entire circuit workout, which is an accomplishment in and of itself. I'm not totally out of shape, but those long circuit sets are a killer if you're not used to more than 30 minutes of work, so I'm really pleased that I was able to push through.

The secret is going in shorter bursts. I don't think "21 reps" ...I think, "give me 4. OK...4 more. OK, now three plus two..." until all the reps are finished.

So, for three months I was working other programs, and working like a dog, and staying stable at 195 with a 37" waist. I got that down to 192 on starting AGR, but I was perplexed as to why all of my measurements stayed the same.

Consulting several trainers (including a few high-profile online guys I know...and you've heard of them), the general consensus was that I'm not eating enough to sustain muscle growth, and therefore not firing up my metabolism.

Jumping on the AGR, I've been pretty optimistic. Now, I'm used to the whole "muscle weighs more than fat" thing...I've been doing this for a long time. But I've been following the eating fat loss workout and meal plan to the letter for a week. As of this morning, I'm up three lbs and have gained half an inch on my waist. 

This is INCREASING my normal daily meals from about 1200 to about 1600-1800. I don't see that as a huge factor, but it was given as a reason my fat hasn't been coming off. My major foods have always been meat, vegetables and fruit. I generally avoid starches except for oatmeal and occasionally rice. So, I'm totally open to suggestions. I know it's only a week in so I don't expect a lot of change, but if there's going to be change I'd obviously prefer it be in the other direction!

Ideas?

0 comments:

Post a Comment