Monday, October 15, 2012

Men We Admire: Steve Foster

Singer/Songwriter Steve Foster has recently released his first album Sad Love Songs available on iTunes andAmazon. This 11 track CD produces captivating lyrics and a mix of various genres that can relate to all listeners. Sad Love Songs (see the video at the bottom) is quickly climbing the horizon as it debuted above one of his inspirations, Michael Jackson’s Thriller on the iTunes pop chart.

The Man Sphere was able to sit down with Steve, and get some insight into his work, his life, and his motivation to make things happen.

Name: Steve Foster

Age: 10 x 3!

Occupation: Singer/Songwriter

Pets? I wish. I had a cat when I was younger and I’d love to have one again but I have no time right now.

Car(s)? Nope, my two legs and taxis!

Gadgets? iPad & Macbook Pro Retina. I also have 2 HTPC’s loaded with XBMC and connected to a 15TB media server. I’m an Onkyo loyalist as well.

Stats? 6’4, 210lbs…I eat and workout a lot!

Favourite instruments? I love Vibraphones! When I was younger my music teacher used to play it all the time. There is something about the tone that makes me feel totally calm. I guess that’s why I’ve always had a love for Roy Ayers who uses them in his music.

Sports? Monopoly….seriously, I’ve trained my whole life. Nobody can beat me…lol. I’ve never really had a love for competitive sports like basketball or football, I’d rather spend my time creating music.

How did you get started on your current career/lifestyle path?

I honestly cannot remember a time when I wasn’t musically active, I have always known that music was the path for me. When I was 4 years old I would take my Fisher Price turntable to Kindergarten and my teacher would let me have 10 minutes at the end of class once a week to put on a dance party. My first public performance was a talent show 2 years later, I did Michael Jackson’s ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ and came in first place. I was hooked from then on.

[read more...]

0 comments:

Post a Comment