Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Women We Love: Christina Schimmel

Canadian actress and producer Christina Schimmel is constantly reinventing herself. Whether it’s slipping gracefully from one role to another, or from one side of the camera to the other, her passion for her craft keeps her in a constant state of forward momentum. With as many as four of five projects on the go at a time, her key to success is finding inspiration in challenging herself to be as adaptable as possible.

 

Name: Christina Schimmel

Occupation: Actress/Producer

Education: Second City, Various Acting Schools Toronto/Vancouver, Ryerson Business school, Langara College. Currently I train with Dean Bajramovic at Alza Acting School.

How did you get started on your current career track?

I have always loved acting and keep coming back to it. In my early twenties I was pretty wild and didn’t have the dedication required of a full time actress so I feel like I am really hitting my stride now. Producing is the evolution of that career.

What gives you the most satisfaction as an artist?

Collaborating with amazing people and pushing myself into new and demanding roles.

In the feature film “The Rebel” I play a battered wife and the character I play is 100 percent different from myself. I worked hard with my acting coach and the director was so impressed with my performance he wrote me in more scenes. That is a huge compliment.

What motivates or inspires you in your work?

There are a lot of amazing people in the industry. Their passion and creativity is infectious! I just want to make entertaining stories that people will like to watch. The actress that inspires me is Charlize Theron. She does solid commercial work but isn’t afraid to take risks like her roles in “Monster” and “Young Adult”

[read more...]

0 comments:

Post a Comment