Monday, December 9, 2013

My exact supplement routine (easy meal plan included)

A lot of people have asked what supplement routines I follow for fat loss and muscle gain. I have to say I’m flattered: while I’m not exactly fitness model stature (yet LOL), I have done a lot of work over the last year and lost a considerable amount of fat while maintaining and even building my muscle tone.

So, here it is...the whole routine (including what I eat and when). Just remember, none of this works without exercise!

Fat Burning Cycle:
Morning:

  • Pre-workout: Creatine
  • Post-workout: BCAAs

Lunch:
Power Shake:

  • 8 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1 cup frozen berries
  • ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
  • 1 big handful of spinach
  • 1 cup water
  • Krill Oil
  • Multi-vitamin

Snack:
PB&B Shake:

  • 8 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1 banana
  • 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
  • ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
  • 1 big handful of spinach
  • 1 cup water

Supper:

  • Portion of meat, 2 cups vegetables, 1 tbsp coconut oil
    • I try to have 2 servings of beef and 2 servings of fish a week. On the days I have chicken, I’ll also include some cheese.

Snack:

  • Something high in protein. Favourites include:
    • 1 cup of Greek yogurt with 1 scoop of protein powder
    • 2 eggs, 1 banana, and 1 scoop of protein powder (mash or blend it up and fry like pancakes. Amazing!)

Bedtime: 

  • BCAAs


The moral of the story here is, it’s high in nutrients, low in carbs, and generally low in calories. You'll also notice there's no breakfast. That's because I stick to an 8-hour window for the whole fat loss thing...generally getting all my calories in between noon and 8:00 p.m..

One day a week (usually Saturday), I eat whatever I want throughout the day. The next day I fast. On my “cheat” day, I skip the creatine, but maintain the other supplements, taking BCAAs with breakfast. On my fast day, I take up to six servings of BCAAs, and maintain the krill oil and multivitamin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment