Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Holiday Time!! (well, almost)

Oooooohhhhhhh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
Oh what fun is on a ride on tim hortons soap and sleigh! Hey! ~ (Mila's version)

It's almost holiday season. That means two things: trying to come up with a Christmas list for the one or two people who might want to buy me something (love you, Mom), and binge cleaning my apartment to make room for the Christmas decorations.

I love Christmas. This year might feel a little leaner, just because the space restrictions in a smaller apartment will make it difficult to hold my traditional open house party. This is a party where I throw open the doors just after lunch, and leave them open for anyone to come and go as they please. Last year I had 21 people in my home for dinner. That'll be a tight squeeze in the new place (last time, we had the entire main floor plus the Man Cave downstairs).

Maybe I'll just scale back the affair. Who knows?

In the next while, thought, I'll post a few of my favourite recipes and other entertaining bits and pieces. Some guys go crazy decorating for Hallowe'en. I'm a homebody. I like cider and homemade eggnog, a cozy blanket and The Muppets Christmas Carol on constant replay for six weeks. That's my idea of a holiday.

What's yours?

0 comments:

Post a Comment